d MacSpot: Windows XP SP2

Adagio Teas

MacSpot Feed

Powered by Blogger

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

-->

9.11.2004

Windows XP SP2

I've done it. I finially decided to update my PC with SP2. I was holding off for a while because I wanted to see if it was going to cause a lot of problems. So far I have had good luck.

Service Pack 2 does have some needed improvements. It has many more security features than SP1. We'll just have to wait and see if Microsoft fixed any of the security flaws or just make more :-)

If you have been holding off downloading SP2 I think its safe now. Just make sure to do the following things to help the process not screw up your computer as easily.

1. If your installiation of XP is pretty old (time its been on HD > 1.5 or 2 years) I reccomend doing a clean install of XP, THEN installing SP2

2. Make a backup of all your important data just in case.

3.PRAY!

Not all programs will work with SP2. Here is a list from Microsoft. I think this only affects server programs, but I'm not sure.

OK, I hope this helps. You can either download SP2 or get a FREE installation CD from Microsoft.

Good Luck!!!
+MacMan

P.S. Notice I added some new blogs to the sidebar. Check out Trevor Kirpaul's. It's a great site!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home