d MacSpot: GarageBand

Adagio Teas

MacSpot Feed

Powered by Blogger

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

-->

9.24.2004

GarageBand

Sorry for the lack of post recently. My schedule has been pretty busy. I've decided to do a couple Mac posts shortly. I've been doing a lot of PC, Gmail, and General tech stuff and believe its time to get to the good stuff.

I finially got iLife '04 on Thursday. GarageBand is AWSOME!!! I haven't even played with iMovie or iPhoto yet. iTunes 4 has been out as a download for a while so it was nothing new.

I am a GarageBand fanatic. It's so fun to create your own songs with minimal effort. The hardest part is having to deal with an older mac (eMac 700Mhz, 256mb ram) However, it does get the job done. I'm supprised it working as well as it is. I expected it to crash all the time and bog down too. This hasn't been the case, yet.

If you don't know what GarageBand is, it is a loop/MIDE editor. It comes loaded with a ton of loops and sounds. Apples developers have made it super easy for anyone to put together a little song. The loops fit together very nicely.

GarageBand can also be used to record backup tracks for your original song. You can record your guitar and voice into GarageBand, then add drums, bass, and extras. You can even sing a harmony to yourself.

I have been making a bunch of songs over the past two days. Here are some of the songs I've composed. Feel free to download them and do whatever you want to them. Also if you don't mind, give me some feedback on how you liked them. Just leave it in the comments.

Download my songs here.

If you haven't already picked up GarageBand, and you have a Mac, don't wait any longer. The whole iLife '04 package which includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, and GarageBand. All of this only costs $50. In my view each program seperately cold sell for $50. iLife is a steal!

If you have made any cool GarageBand songs lately?
+MacMan

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger MacMan said...

I have to disagree with you on this one. Just because it doesn't take a lot of effor to create a song doesnt mean the song is no good. Ex: Its really easy to make homemade cookies, and they taste GREAT!

My 2 favorite songs ive done so far are:
da funk
Watermellon Sunday

+MacMan

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger MacMan said...

I agree that GarageBand is not for professional users. All I'm saying is that it is plenty powerful for me and most amatures out there. Even though its main puropse is to mix around loops in different combinations and throw in a vocal or guitar track every once and while you can still get great results out of it. If all you want to do is make a song or 2 for a slideshow, or an iMovie or make a recording of a song you wrote GarageBand is all you need. If you are planning on selling copies of your work, or you plan on being a "hard core" music editor, GarageBand probably wont have all the features you need. Just remember, if you want a professional program you have to pay the professional price. $$$$

GarageBand $50

+MacMan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home